That is the tiny Python script to test ECS S3 access.
The script is provided as is and available here: s3_toaster_v02.zip
The script is based on boto3 Python module which considerable simplifies access to AWS based services.
Parameters of the script to play:
- S3 access ports – http 9020/ https 9021 for direct ECS access and whatever you want in case of Load Balancing appliance
- Number of nodes used, IPs – in case of LB only one need is used, IP of the 1st node points to the LB appliance
- S3 credentials – ECS object user and its secret key
- SSL access – enabled/disabled, certificate
- Random or Round Robin distribution – can be used with direct (no LB) access
- Name, number and size of test files and corresponding bucket – test bucket is created, test files are stored and immediately deleted